Lavender Pillow Mist is widely used and lavender is a common herb, but did you know the many health benefits it holds? Part of the mint family, the name itself originates from “Lavare“, which means “to wash”. Lavender was an important part of bathing rituals in ancient Rome because of its disinfectant and antiseptic properties.
Not sleeping well? Try our Pillow Mist
There are many health benefits of using lavender in your daily routine
- It promotes a good nights sleep, so if you are tossing and turning maybe it’s time to try our Pillow Mist. Shake well and spray 3 to 4 times over your pillow and let the magic do its work!
- Lavender has been know to help skin conditions such as eczema, inflammation or acne. Since the oil is a natural antioxidant. Rubbing the oil on the affected area, soothes are calms the skin down. As well as acting as a moisturiser.
- The scent of the flower deters mice, flies, mosquitos and other pests from the area. Preventing itchy mosquito bites. Leaving summer evenings insect free!
- Can be a natural remedy for pain. The oil rubbed on cramped muscles has been known to soothe the muscle and reduce pain. Used frequently in sport and physiotherapist oils.
- Inhaling the plant reduces blood pressure and heart rate, helping keep your heart strong and healthy.
- It has also been known to reduce the effects of asthma.
- Finally, it promotes hair growth.
Lavender Bath Salts are the key to a relaxing, soothing bath. Grab yours from the link at the bottom of the page.
Other benefits include:
Whilst providing so many benefits, this plant continuously gives off an incredible scent. Used hundreds of years ago to wash linen and clothes in as it scented them naturally. Now a days, scent sachets are a frequent flyer in our closets and wardrobes, giving off a herbal subtle scent.
Lavender comes in many forms. The Oil, is nectar extracted from the flowering plant. This creates a fragrant essential oil. This is what we use in our diffuser, bath salts and pillow mist. Then plant itself can be made into a tea. This form of lavender can offer a calming beverage that helps ease anxiety and promotes sleep.
Or products containing lavender are as follows, all scent with essential oils:
Bath Salts – http://laura-thomas.com/product/lavender-bath-salts/
Pillow Mist – http://laura-thomas.com/product/lavender-pillow-mist/