What is the difference between ‘Natural Candles’ and ‘Standard Candles’?
Natural candles burn more evenly than traditional paraffin candles. Which means you won’t have any wax leftover on the sides of the candle. Not only that but natural candles like soy or beeswax candles actually burn cleaner. This means that it gives off less black smoke than a typical candle. Natural candles won’t stain the walls black. Smoke can discolour things in your home, but natural candles are far less likely to do so. Soy candles generally don’t leave black rings around the glass like paraffin wax candles do. If you’ve ever had a soy candle that left a black ring then the candle probably wasn’t 100% soy. Another possible explanation is that the wick might’ve been made out of zinc which burns black. A cotton or hemp wick will burn much cleaner in comparison.
LT. Co. Coastal candle range is fully natural and plant-based.
Why are natural candles better?
- They don’t contain chemicals! With natural candles, you won’t be risking exposure to potentially harmful chemicals. Traditional paraffin wax is derived from petroleum and can contain various toxins, carcinogens, and air pollutants. Organic waxes, such as soy wax or beeswax, are an easy way to avoid risking exposure to such chemicals. Wicks made from natural materials such as cotton, hemp, or wood are a better option than metal-cored wicks. Which can release toxins and even traces of lead in the worst cases.
- They burn for longer – Because natural waxes have a lower melting point, they last longer. This means you get more for your money, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite candles for much longer.
- They produce less soot – Natural candles burn cleaner. You won’t see as much black soot gathering on your candle or creeping onto your walls.
- Natural wax is biodegradable, so it’s easier to clean spills and re-use empty candle containers.
Soy wax natural candles, hand crafted here at the Laura Thomas Co. Workshop in North Berwick.
Up-cycle the Candle Jar…
These jars do not need to be thrown out! Use them to create, grow and loads more. Here are a few ideas on how to give them another life:
- Water tumblers – can you ever have enough water glasses?
- Grow plants in them, all be it flowers or vegetable plants.
- Store pens in them at you desk.
- Use it as a mini bowl, for ice cream in summer or soup in winter. The perfect size for a small tasty portion.
Coastal Candles – https://laura-thomas.com/product-category/scents/coastal-candles/
Mini Coastal Candles – https://laura-thomas.com/product-category/mini-range/