CANDLE MAKING WORKSHOP
Join Laura for a face to face candle making workshop at the Scottish Seabird Centre, North Berwick. Follow Laura’s tutorial on how to make two natural soy wax candles where she will walk you through all of the steps.
Laura will share insider knowledge, secrets, tips and tricks of the trade that will enable you to create and learn about the art of candle making. Take away oodles of inspiration, pick her brains and discover all you need to know about all things candles via our in-person candle making workshops.
Mix your own scent and take away two, 35 hour burn candles.
- Description of commonly used waxes and their pros and cons.
- Introduction to Soy Wax.
- An overview of the different types of wicks and what wick testing involves.
- Discussion about the different scent options of fragrance oils, essential oils.
- Step by step guide to the process of producing a container candle including measuring correct quantities of wax and scents required.
- Scent smelling and then scent blending with essential oil.
- Create and hand pour your own container candles.
- Discussion on how to fix ‘problems’ when making candles.
Our candle making workshop last roughly 2 hours long. Create two container candles worth £50 and a wealth of knowledge on your new candle making skill.
A must do if you love scented candles and craft!
*Tickets are non-refundable