Laura Thomas Co manufactures and supplies household goods that are made with plant based ingredients and are reusable, refillable and have a positive impact on the sustainability of our waterways, oceans and the planet. We are passionate about healthy living, recycling and zero waste by using our every-day natural products.
Our company needs a motivated, highly organised Production Assistant to join our team. Do you love being creative and being highly organised? Are you passionate about natural living, recycling, refilling and zero waste? If so, we want to talk to you.
Production Assistant Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily completion of online orders using our pick and pack system
- Organising the shipment for LTCO deliveries, including following up and resolving issues that may occur
- Production preparation. Preparing oils, ingredients, machinery and containers ready for production
- A staged training programme will be put in place for the introduction to the production of all products, with the aim to become fully competent in producing all LTCO products and working production machinery within 12 months
- Finishing production by labelling and boxing products and the quality control involved with our completion system
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Assist in the weekly ordering and communication of product stock levels
- Ensure all industry health and safety guidelines are completed for all product lines
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Continuous improvement of workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or quality
- Ensure that all areas have been cleaned to high standards and there is zero mess while producing products and that thorough washing of all equipment is completed daily to a high standard
Production Assistant Qualifications, Skills and Must Haves:
- Planning and organisational skills to be able to effectively assist in all production operations
- IT literacy. Full training will be given for our manufacturing software
- The ability to act decisively and solve problems
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily. Can pick up and learn systems easily
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, senior management and clients
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
- The ability to work in a logical, efficient and systematic manner
- Happy to work as part of a team and take orders from others, as well as confidently work independently
- Must have a strong work ethic to contribute to an already existing strong and dedicated work culture at LTCO
No previous experience required. Full training given that will cover product manufacturing, company policies, job requirements, pick and pack systems and manufacturing software.
Career Prospect at LTCO
As LTCO grows there are long term career opportunities within this role for expansion to be a key team member.
Production Assistant Wage and Hours
Market rate. Part Time or Full time between Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Based at Laura Thomas Co HQ;
The Cart Shed, Kilduff Farm, By Athelstaneford, North Berwick, EH39 5BD.
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd October 2023. Do not follow up before this time. You will be contacted by Wednesday 25th October 2023 with further instructions and information.