Saturday Edit 21st January 2023
Happy Saturday Morning!
It’s cold and a little grey and when mid winter comes it’s time to think of the little things that make you happy and do them on repeat! The team and I have come up with a list of 10 inspiring things you should be doing this month to stay up beat and positive. Here they are:
1. Have a Hot Bath. Run a hot bath adding some Bubble Bath, Bath Oil or Salts in it and relax. A hot bath can boost your immune system too. Why not go full tilt and add candles, a cuppa and read a good book to enjoy while you are in the bath.
2. Go for a Nap. There are biological reasons why we can lack energy during the dark months. Understanding that it’s a natural response is important. Don’t fight it, go and snuggle up in bed for a short nap which will boost your energy.
3. Bake a Cake. Pull out a cook book and bake something sweet to have with a cuppa.
4. Sales Shopping. Stock up for forthcoming birthdays and gifts by taking advantage of the January Sales, heck, your going to buy the gifts away and you might as well save!
5. Contact an old mate. Text or call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while, it will make you feel so good.
6. Read a book. Put your phone down and enjoy get into a new book. I’ve recently been recommended by two people, Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus and it’s next on my list (after I’ve finished What they Don’t Teach you at Harvard Business School).
7. Take Supplement Tablets. There are many different supplements out there for various different things. I’ve just started taking Doctor Seaweed’s Beauty+ supplements which are made with Scottish seaweed for general health (I’ll let you know how I find them).
8. Book a Weekend Away. It doesn’t need to cost the earth to head away for a few nights to visit a new place, stay with friends or family you haven’t seen for a while but it will give you a boost knowing you have something to look forward to.
9. Forest bathing. The simple act of walking through a forest and mindfully observing nature and deep breathing can help you de-stress, boost health and wellbeing in a natural way.
10. Get Moving. Even if the weather is bad there are many things you can do indoors to keep active. There are some great free classes on YouTube for yoga, HIIT sessions and more.
I’m doing no 8 this weekend and heading to London with one of my daughters for some fun time. I hope you have something that makes you feel happy planned for this weekend.
Love Laura XOXO
Our OTHER Newsletter
(North Berwick | Laura Thomas Co)
Did you know we have a monthly Newsletter that promotes events and businesses in and around North Berwick? It also has a deal of the month for our Store on North Berwick High Street. Sign up .
NEW Client: Pixie Rose Flowers
Local Florists Pixie Rose who have shops in North Berwick and Dunbar have just opened a third premise within the Virgin Hotel in Edinburgh on the Cowgate in the Old Town.
At their new venue they will be stocking some of our Range.
Pixie Rose recently did our shop installation before Christmas and we are big fans!
Giveaway! Have you entered?
Head to our blog to enter to be in the draw to win a 2 night stay at the incredible Five Acre Barn in Suffolk as well as our whole toiletries range a giveaway worth over £500!
Head to the blog for entry details.
As well as opting in your email (via the blog) you must follow both companies on instagram.
Closes THIS Sunday 22nd January. Winner announced Monday 23rd January.
11 DAYS LEFT OF OUR SALE
Our January SALE continues.
Refill your original bottles for less, Top Up or Stock up on Gifts for forthcoming birthdays.
Ends Midnight 31st January.
In Store and Online.
We only do three sales a year. January, Summer (July) and Black Friday. So take advantage!
3 for 2 on all REFILLS
30% off Coastal Candles (Big and Mini’s)
40% off Pure Range Candles
40% off Scent Diffusers
40% off RUGS
Feature: Hotels We Love: The Dundonald
The Dundonald is a relaxed home away from home. A family style guesthouse with adjoining cottage where refined interiors and warm hospitality combine to create a beautifully calm and welcoming haven for you to enjoy.
You’ll also find our toiletries range within the accommodation too ♡
Did you know if you create an account on our website, you will collect points which can be used as money off your next purchase?
Creating an account is very easy! Head to the top right hand corner of the website and create your account.
Every time you log in and are looking at products on our website a message will come up to let you know how many points will be collected if you purchase the products and how much money it relates to.
Don’t worry if you forget your password as you can easily reset it anytime you want to order.
Coming soon you will be able to create a loyalty account in store too!
Laura Thomas Co Shop Opening Hours in January 2023
Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm